07 3317 8380


Brisbane Compensation Lawyers

Have you been injured by someone else’s actions? You may be entitled to claim compensation.

Compensation Law

Under Queensland law, if you are hurt or negatively affected by the actions of another person or a company, you may be entitled to compensation.

At Morgan Clifford Legal Services, we can help you with a range of personal injuries claims.

Motor Vehicle Accidents

Were you injured in a car, truck, motorbike, cycling or pedestrian accident which was not your fault? Then you may be eligible to make a compensation claim.

Public Liability

Have you been injured in a public place such as a shopping centre, gym, restaurant, business or private property? You may be eligible to make a public liability claim.

Workplace Accidents & Worker’s Compensation

Have you been physically or mentally injured at work, suffering from work-related illness or travelling to or from work? You may be eligible to make a WorkCover worker’s compensation claim.

Get in Touch

    It costs you nothing to know your legal
    Options & Understand your rights

    Compensation FAQs

    How much will I get from a personal injury compensation claim?

    The amount of personal injury compensation you may receive varies depending on the extent of your injuries, the impact on your life, medical or professional costs, your earnings, financial losses, and pain and suffering.

    We can help you seek compensation for losses that you have sustained now and into the future.

    What is included in your no win-no fee approach?

    We offer genuine no win – no fee cases.

    We pay upfront for all of the expenses for running your claim, search fees, professional fees, barrister fees if needed, settlement conference fees, and medical-legal examination fees. These costs are recovered if we win your case, but our professional fees can never exceed more than 50% of any compensation paid to you according to law.

    If we lose your case, then you don’t have to pay these costs.

    The only costs you may have to pay during the case are any medical rehabilitation costs such as your physiotherapy, and these may be claimable on your insurance.

    Do I need to see a doctor before I see you?

    If you have been injured or involved in an accident, we recommend seeing your doctor as soon as possible after the incident (no matter how small you may think it was).

    Often you may not be aware of the extent of your injuries until a few days after the incident and miss early medical intervention and treatment.

    If you haven’t seen a doctor, this can delay your claims process.

    I have just been involved in a traffic accident. What information do I need to exchange with the other driver?

    If you have been involved in a traffic accident, regardless of who is at fault, you need to exchange the following information with the other driver:

    • Your name
    • Your address
    • Name and address of the registered owner of the car (if they are not the driver)
    • Registration number
    • Vehicle description (e.g. Holden Captiva, white)
    • Time, date and location of the accident

    The easiest way to do this is to take photos of the driver’s licenses, as well as any damage to the vehicles before you move the vehicles to the side of the road if the cars are obstructing traffic.

    Do not admit liability for the accident before consulting a lawyer and your insurance company, even if you think you were at fault, as this may affect your insurance and any claims.

    Do I need to contact the police if I have been involved in a traffic accident?

    You need to call 000 at the scene of any traffic accident that involves a death or injury or creates a hazardous environment (e.g. traffic build-up or downed power lines).

    If you suspect drugs or alcohol were involved, or if the other person refuses to exchange details with you, then call Policelink on 131 444.

    If anyone has been injured in a traffic accident and the police were not in attendance, or if your car was damaged by an unknown vehicle, then you need to report your accident to your nearest police station within 24 hours.

    My injury happened a while ago. Does that matter?

    There are time limits on making personal injury claims. Talk with our team, and we can help you with information about any time limits that may affect you.

    What types of damages could you be entitled to for a personal injury claim?

    Damages vary depending on your case, but you may be entitled to:

    • Compensation for pain and suffering and the loss of your amenities of life
    • Loss of past and future income or business profits (including the loss of business opportunities)
    • Loss of promotion opportunities or loss of competitiveness in the labour market
    • Medical and rehabilitation expenses that you have incurred and are likely to incur in the future
    • Past and future care costs
    • Other out of pocket expenses.