Morgan Clifford Legal Services is located in Brisbane – a lovely city on the river in Australia’s Queensland.
It’s a hot spot for international students, with highly regarded universities including:
- Queensland University of Technology
- University of Queensland
- Australian Catholic University
- CQ University
- Griffith University
- Torrens University Australia
As a result, we’re student visa Brisbane QLD experts– we can see why students are so keen to study here and we want to help make that happen!
While university students come most often to mind when people think of student visa Brisbane QLD, students in many other areas are actually eligible to come to Australia under this visa.
Eligible courses for Student Visas (subclass 500) include:
- Primary and high school
- Vocational training courses
- Intensive English courses
- Tertiary or postgraduate study
- DFAT or defence courses.
When a student visa Brisbane QLD is granted, it allows the student to study in Australia for up to five years (in line with the course). Students can leave and return to Australia during this time, for instance during course holiday times. Students are generally required to meet course requirements and the visa may include a work restriction condition. Note: work restriction conditions have temporarily been removed due to labour shortages – they will recommence from 1 July 2023.
When applying for a student visa Brisbane QLD, students need to meet certain requirements to be considered eligible:
- “Meet applicable age requirements (for school students)
- Be enrolled in a course of study and provide evidence
- Make welfare arrangements if you are under 18 years
- Meet English language requirements
- Have adequate health insurance
- Have this visa if applying while in Australia
- Have enough money for your stay
- Be a genuine temporary entrant
- Meet our character requirement
- Meet our health requirement
- Sign the Australian values statement
- Have paid back your debt to the Australian Government
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
- Best interests of the child”
Morgan Clifford Legal Services can help with student visa Brisbane QLD applications, ongoing compliance and any issues that may arise from changing circumstances. Get in touch and we’ll help get you set to study in Brisbane QLD.
This article is intended to provide general information in summary form on legal topics, current at the time of publication, for general informational purposes only. The material may not apply to all jurisdictions. The contents do not constitute legal advice, are not intended to be a substitute for legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. You should seek legal advice or other professional advice in relation to any particular matters you or your organisation may have.